Monday, June 11, 2012

Happy Little Pleasures - Summer Style

It's been too long since I've done one of these! In case you've never read them before, I originally started this blog to remind myself of the little things that make me happy and I wanted to share them with others. Here's my current list of things that help make me happy or make my life easier...

Red Velvet Ice Cream
We saw a commercial on tv and then we couldn't stop thinking about it until I finally brought some home one night after work. SO good and there's little cake chunks in it!
No socks
The summer is the best for this reason. I love going barefoot or wearing sandals! And who wouldn't want to show off their cute summer sandals, wedges or flats? (image from here)

Starbucks Refreshers
I try not to have too much caffeine, but sometimes I need a little jolt. Somehow, because this has juice in it, it seems healthier, so I don't feel so bad. I love the strawberry lemonade flavor!
Pacifier Clips
If you have a kid who thinks his pacifier is his BFF, I don't know how you could live without on (or three) of these. We have one that lives with the carseat so it's with him wherever he goes. The one time we didn't have it, I had a really hard time! This thing is a great lifesaver! BTW, Alicia Keys' son has the same one - I was happy to see the photo in People Magazine. Looks like some celebrities are just like us!
Oxy Clean
I had quite a mess when we spilled amoxicillin on our beige carpet in our bedroom. When we used some carpet cleaner on it, it stained the carpet pink! I freaked out and tried everything I could to lighten that stain. It took 3 attempts with the Oxy, but it finally came out! Now I love this stuff! I started using it in the dirty baby laundry and it's helped so much to get out those fun spit-up and diaper blow-out stains.

What are your current Happy Little Pleasures?

3 comments :

  1. Ive never had the B&J Red Velvet, I should try it (then again, maybe I shouldn't)! I love B&J Phish food!

    My little pleasures, friday night pizza... salad with avocado... my husband's amazing grilled burgers... Hmm, my pleasures shouldn't only revolve around food so I'll think of some other things... definately no socks and going barefoot! and of course flowers! I love this time of year and sitting on the porch looking at all the beautiful flowers in my garden.

    Great tip on the oxy clean. We just picked up a new container of it this weekend, I'll have to try it on our amoxocillin stain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh I love these, but I never get around to do them.

    Hmmm let's see ... Pedicures! Quiet time to read a book. The boys when they want to cuddle.

    I love your picks. I want to check out those refreshers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never even heard of Starbucks Refreshers. COOL! I'll have to try that. That's better than Dr. Pepper, right? As for ice cream, I love B&J Phish Food. MMMM!

    My main summer time addiction are my Yellow Box flip flops. I have four pairs and a pair of wedges. They are so cute and comfy.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails