Monday, June 4, 2012

Craft Room Reveal

This room was been a work in progress for about 2 years and then I suddenly realized I never shared it with you! If Hubby can have a man room, I get a craft room, right? It also doubles as a guest room when people stay over, but I can share : )

Here's what the room looked like before. Nasty window treatments and just a place to hold random crap that didn't have a home.
It was hard for me to do crafts in such an icky room!

Goodbye ugly old fan!

Hello bright and colorful room! My vision with this room was fun & energetic with lots of bright colors. It's the only room in our house that's girly and filled with color.

The striped bedding was the influence for the rest of the decor. The curtains are actually made from the bedskirt fabric that came with the bedding set. Since we have trundle beds, we didn't need the bedskirts, so I recycled them into fun curtains. See the tutorial for this style of curtain here.

This bookcase is a leftover from college, but it works perfectly as a nightstand. A lot of the items here are fun crafts I worked on during the past year.
Easy Fabric-covered lamp shade
Flowers in a Coffee Mug
Fabric Tissue Box Cover
Mini Canvas & Easel

I love all the fun throw pillows that coordinate with the bedding. I couldn't resist buying them!

No craft room of mine is complete without a tv because we all know I'm a tv addict. The dresser is a hand-me-down that my sister got and then it was passed to me and begging for a makeover. It was ugly & brown so we repainted it a couple summers ago.
Here's the sewing area and my little chair cushion makeover. The chair cushion was refashioned from a throw pillow I bought for the bed.

Dorky, but I love our new closet doors! These used to be ugly mirrored doors that made the room look so dated. We updated all the hallway doors to white 6-panel doors, so we decided to coordinate all the closets too.
Not everything in those closets is for crafts (I also keep some older clothes in there), but about half is filled with supplies and I love having them out of the way. The removable labels
were a fun project I did last summer and, of course, they match the bedding too!


Our closets had the Elfa system in them when we moved in, so these wire drawers are perfect for storing fabric. It's so nice to have it all organized instead of in piles and boxes!

So this is my little girly hideout and I love it! It's so fun to work in there with the sun shining in, Kitty sleeping on a bed, and I can watch tv while I work!

21 comments :

  1. What a great room, pops of color everywhere! I love the red lamp shade and how all the colors tie together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was gonna say this looks like a fabulous guest room, but you're calling it a craft room. either way, it's so much livelier than the before. love how you diyed the curtains from the bedskirt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great room! I love the bright colors. It makes it feel so cheery and open.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Came over from Winthrop to see your room. I am trying to combine a guest room into a space to share with my crafts. Thanks for the ideas. I would kill for that closet, but my house was built in 1950 so I have those tiny square ones!

    Distressed Donna Down Home

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome job, Love the color choice!

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous makeover! And you look SO organized!! I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great makeover! Love all the pops of color. Thanks for visiting me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job!! I LOVE the bright green color! If I had a craft room painted that color I would just LOVe to do crafts non stop!!:) Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! My craft room is still icky-jealous of your organizational skills-someday I'll get there :) thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am drooling over how organized your craft room is. I love your craft room makeover. So much better after.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a vibrant and lovely space to be creative in! Love it.
    Thanks so much for linking up at I Gotta Create! <3 Christina

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how the guest room is also a craft room, that's pretty brilliant. Following along now, so I can see more super organized spaces, those shoe boxes full of supplies are my dream!

    Jessica
    stayathomeista.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely crafty room!! Beautiful!! Stopping by from DIY Home Decor linky party.

    Here is what I shared: http://craftybrooklynarmywife.blogspot.ca/2012/06/kids-roll-up-nap-blanket.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. My dear you are just amazing! It looks so refreshed and amazing! I want to come over and stay :).

    I Love your closet!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the colors! What a great space to get cozy and creative, Lisa! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're a STAR tonight over at I Gotta Create! Thanks again for linking up your {very neat and organized and beautiful} craft room.
    http://igottacreate.blogspot.com/2012/06/wildly-original-features-4-new-party.html
    <3 Christina

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this room!! It's so bright and colorful. The artwork over the beds is fantastic! Love it all and I'm totally jealous of your space. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This room is so beautiful! The colors are just perfect for this space. Enjoy! Megan

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great, cheery space! I'd love to have a closet dedicated to my craft supplies!

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW, everything looks so beautiful and organized!!!
    Yes, I have mirror doors in y son's bedroom and need to replace them, too!
    Found you at Fine Craft Guild party!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails