Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Tasty Artichoke & Mushroom Chicken


This is an awesome dinner! The flavors were great and I would definitely make it again!

Adapted from Annie's Eats
Ingredients:
• 1/2 cup flour
• 1/4 teaspoon basil
• 1/4 teaspoon thyme
• 1/4 teaspoon parsley
• 1/4 teaspoon oregano
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon pepper
• 4 boneless chicken breasts
• 2 tbsp. olive oil
• 1 tbsp. butter
• 2 cups diced mushrooms
• 1 (14 oz.) container of artichoke hearts, drained and diced
• 2/3 cup chicken broth
• shredded Parmesan cheese

In a shallow bowl, mix flour, herbs, salt and pepper. Save 1 tablespoon of the mixture for later.

Coat the chicken in the flour mixture.

Heat olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add the coated chicken to the pan and cook until golden brown and cooked through.

Add the butter to the pan and warm until melted. Pour in mushrooms and artichokes and cook until vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes.

Combine the chicken broth and reserved tablespoon of flour and whisk until smooth. Add the liquid to the skillet, cooking until warm. Remove from heat.

Serve over white or brown rice and top with shredded parmesan cheese.


6 comments :

  1. YUM! That sounds and looks fantastic!!!! I will definitely try this. I'm not a HUGE fan of artichoke, but Hubby loves them. I, however, am a HUGE fan of mushrooms! MMM! Thanks for sharing, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Yummy!

    ~Mrs. Delightful
    ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would LOVE this, hubs and the boys would think I have gone nuts. I'll have to save it for a day I'm home by myself or the girls come over for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm... your chicken looks so delicious! Featuring on my Facebook page today.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails