Friday, December 4, 2009

I don't want to be a scrooge...


but I'm having a hard time this year. I love decorating for the holidays, but I find it really annoying that there is hardly any Hanukkah stuff available. The few things that I find in store or online are usually pretty ugly and the same year after year. There is usually only one style to choose from, so it's not like you can choose from a few colors or style to match your house. It makes it so hard to have cute decorations when there's nothing to choose from!

So my goal this year is to make a few cute things for my house. Unfortunately, I started late and there's not much time, but I have a few simple ideas I might try if I have time. Any suggestions or ideas are welcome!

Only about a week until we light the candles!


And here's Kitty with his Santa hat...

2 comments :

  1. I have to agree with you! I live on the south side, and there isn't a large population of Jewish people down here, but there's very little available for Hannukah decorations. It's a little depressing to see it all so one-sided, even if I love the Christmas stuff. You're really talented, so I'm sure you'll be able to make some cute things for your home! Don't sweat it! Maybe you can even sell some of them for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Argh, I just made a post about finding hannukah decorators and I missed your blog entirely! It is seriously slim pickings for any kind of decorations. But it's then it's extra nice when I find another blog!

    www.protodoom.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails