Thursday, July 23, 2009

Flip-flop Fun


I bought a pair of sandals from Target in 2006. After wearing them for a few months, I realized how much I loved them and waited another pair, but they were gone from the stores already. Ever since then, I've never been able to find a pair of comfy flip flops that were a little dressier than the plastic ones. Just last week I was walking through Salvation Army and something caught my eye. My Target sandals! 3 years later! Score!


Since they are the same bronze color as the ones I already have, I wanted to try to make them black. I went to a local shoe repair shop and an employee showed me how to strip the bronze color off the straps and prepare them for the new color.


As you can see, I taped up the bottom of the sandals so I wouldn't get any spray paint on them. Then I stuffed the straps with newspaper so I wouldn't get paint on the underside of the straps. I sprayed 2 coats black shoe paint and let it dry. Voila! Brand new sandals and super comfy!


TOTAL:
$2.50 sandals + $7.00 supplies = $9.50 for my favorite pair of sandals in another color

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails